Notes from Newman: HNFE Research and Resources is a blog run by Virginia Tech HNFE Librarian, Rebecca Miller. In honor of Nutrition Month last month, she featured a number of guest posts by HNFE students. For those of you out there particularly interested in nutrition, you may want to check out this series of “Get Your Plate in Shape” posts.
Culinary History Collection Links
- Ringing in the Junior Year June 18, 2015 lmrvt
- Eatocracy: We're going there August 7, 2014 Kat Kinsman
- Peru's Pitmasters Bury Their Meat In The Earth, Inca-Style June 30, 2015 Ina Yang
- Eat Smart, Move More at Farmers Markets: Cauliflower June 16, 2015
- A Tasty Way to Eat Your Veggies April 12, 2014
- Jane Addams and Ellen Gates Starr didn’t have a farm at... February 11, 2015
- Red, white and blue boiled hams for the 4th of July June 29, 2015
Nutrition Month…a couple days late!
Posted in Just for fun
Posted by archivistkira on April 2, 2012
Search the blog
Tag Cloudadvertising agriculture Ann Hertzler Children's Cookbook and Nutrition Literature Collection baking baking powder beverages bread breakfast cake candy canning cheese children children's cookbooks children's literature children's nutrition civil war cocktails cookbooks cookies cooking culinary history dessert dietetics dinner disease drinks eggs entertaining events extension publications fish food food history food news food preservation fruit gardening gelatin halloween holidays home economics home remedies household management ice cream jello kitchen local history lunch manuscripts meal planning meat nutrition pamphlets peacock harper culinary friends poetry poultry prohibition rationing recipes root vegetables salads sandwiches seafood special collections thanksgiving turkey vegetables vegetarianism virginia virginia tech vt wine women's history month world war II
Hours & Info540-231-6308Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm
Evenings and Weekends: By Appointment